Web Development Intern
The Web Development intern will work within our Digital Marketing department to…
1.) Audit and Optimize current website infrastructure
2.) Manage upcoming website creation
3.) Assist with Core Marketing Strategy by providing unique web dev experience
The position is on-site, in our Portland, OR, office. Lunch per diem and MAX Light Rail reimbursement are provided.
Specific tasks will include:
- Working directly with Director of Digital Marketing to refine, conceive and create websites, logos and web dev workflow
- Integrate recommendations of Marketing Committee and provide insights from the trenches
- Stay up to speed and inform the team on applicable trends or news in your field
- Getting NERDY with it – our websites were created by a non-Computer Science nerd, so we need a better nerd to come in and clean up – whatever you see that can be done better, DO IT!
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate for this position is a high-energy, self-motivated and deadline-driven team player. We are a growing company of 10-20 employees, so candidates should expect to hit the ground running. We are in need of an ALL-STAR student that is going to bring some value to the table beyond just being a warm body.
We all have primary responsibilities but wear different hats as needed – this means you must be willing to step outside your comfort zone or pick up the team’s slack once in a while.
Strong candidates will be considered for an internship period of 3 months, with the possibility for future full-time employment. Your opportunity with us will truly be as Big or Small as you make it!!
- BA / BS in Computer Science, Web Development or similar (or on track to achieve)
- Demonstrated understanding of web design as well as SEO principles and optimization.
- Mastery of at least HTML and CSS
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web apps such as Insightly & WordPress
- High level of professionalism, Positive Attitude, Ability to Think Strategically, Reliable Transportation and a Strong Work Ethic
- Send the following to ‘Info@Media272.com’:
- Cover Letter
- Current Transcript (an ‘unofficial’ copy is OK!)
- If tapped for an interview, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is a trend you are noticing on the World Wide Web, and why do you think it is a game-changer?
- If you did something AMAZING and we rewarded you with anything you wanted regardless of cost (a puppy, a Mt. Hood Meadows pass, a Jet plane, etc.), what would that reward be??